Chennai: Texas Instruments India and IIT Madras invite applications for the Master of Science (MS) Program in Analog/Mixed Signal VLSI. This is a unique MS by Research program that combines the strength of the analog-mixed signal activity at IIT-M, with TI’s industry expertise and leadership to offer students a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of analog/mixed-signal VLSI.
This joint initiative, launched in 2011, has matured significantly over the years, reinforcing the importance of a strong industry-academia collaboration.
Information on the MS Programme:
• A three year, full time program
• One year classroom learning followed by internship at TI India campus
• TI sponsors full scholarship for students
• Opportunity to develop cutting edge technology, and present it in international fora.
• Chance to secure employment at TI after completion of the program.
The MS Analog/Mixed-Signal VLSI Program combines the rigour of research with in-depth practical experience at TI through a year-and-a-half long internship. The program is meant for students who want to build a career in analog/mixed-signal engineering, are keen to dive deep into challenges faced by the industry, and develop cutting-edge technology.
The three year program is designed to reflect advances in analog/mixed-signal VLSI and to develop skill sets needed to address future challenges. The selected students get an opportunity to work with the industry leader in semiconductors.
“When the students are at IIT Madras, they benefit greatly from a blend of basic and advanced courses covering all the major aspects of analog, mixed-signal and RF engineering. When at TI, they are mentored by expert designers, and work on cutting-edge problems that are of immediate practical relevance. This way, they get the benefits of rigorous training and close expert supervision while working on challenging practical problems,” said Dr. Shanthi Pavan, Professor, IIT- Madras.
Commenting on the benefits of this collaboration, Upasana Pindwal, Staffing Manager, TI India, said, “Companies today are looking for candidates who have theoretical understanding along with practical and applied knowledge. This is where the MS Analog/Mixed-Signal VLSI program in partnership with IIT-M offers students a competitive edge. The curriculum has been specially designed to expose students to real-world engineering problems and be mentored by industry experts at TI. In the process, students get to design their own integrated circuit chip that advances the state-of-the-art.”
Eligibility criteria for the MS Programme:
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications/Instrumentation engineering (or allied disciplines) with an aggregate of 65% (up to the final semester; if the final semester results are not yet announced, up to the seventh semester).
· Have a valid GATE score of 700 or more in EC, EE, or IN. Currently, GATE scores are valid for 3 years.
· GATE requirement is waived for IIT BTech students with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or 8 or higher.