Every parent seeks to provide only the very best for their kids, from basic amenities to skill of choice, hence choosing the International Olympiad is quite common. Olympiads are essentially subject-specific exams organized on a global scale to help students learn and grow in a field of their interest. It provides the students with a huge platform where they not only gain exposure but also earn acknowledgement for their effort, their skills are put to test and they receive valuable and detailed feedback upon their performance, which aids in their improvement and fuels them to keep moving forward and excelling. Olympiads are great opportunities to ease one into a competitive environment, it not only helps one familiarize themselves with the exam environment but also adds to habits of practice and revision, providing the students with a chance to improve. Olympiads are held at different levels, national as well as international, depending upon the exposure they provide to the participating students. Olympiads tend to be useful for competitive students, and those who want to learn and are interested to compete. All the exams are organized based on various criteria primarily the educational level of the students. There are various other benefits to an Olympiad, these are as follows:
- Olympiads allow the students to learn and grow in the process of things. TIO believe in effective learning strategies.
- The exams inculcate a habit of practice and revision in students, which proves to be quite beneficial to them in the long run.
- It puts the student’s understanding of a subject or associated topic to test thereby adding upon the basic knowledge.
- Olympiads help to hone a student’s innate and adapted skills with understanding and practice and adding to one’s mental abilities as well, for the students, logical reasoning and analytical skills are put to test.
- Olympiads provide students exposure to the exam environment and the associated pressure, helps them improve upon it.
- It serves as practice for upcoming competitive exams, allowing the students to perform better.
- Olympiads also boost student’s confidence as they develop a better understanding of the subject and begin to trust their skills.
- The syllabus for the exams aligns with the student’s educational level hence it also aids the students in their academics.
- All students are provided with detailed feedback, which helps them improve in various aspects of their performance.
- A certificate is provided to all students, it serves to improve the overall academic impression of a student as well and holds much value.
The International Olympiad happens to be among the best organizers of the Olympiads on a global scale, providing the student with a great platform to learn from and grow with students of their educational level from around the world, and they are also given a chance to receive words of encouragement and improvement from esteemed individuals while doing so.
The basic details regarding the Olympiad are as followed:
Subjects offered: The following exams are available for the students to choose from at International Olympiads:
|International Science Olympiad (ISO)||It test the student’s basic understanding of topics associated with science, it targets logical reasoning, understanding of basics and analytical skills of a student.|
|International Maths Olympiad (IMO)||Put together for math enthusiasts, the questions challenge the student’s skills in the subject to help them grow.|
|International English Olympiad (IEO)||The students’ grasp on the various aspects of the language and the associated skills are put to test.|
|International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO)||The test challenges the student’s awareness related to various aspects and allows them to improve upon it in the process of things.|
Eligibility: The exam is open to individuals as well as schools. The students are segregated based upon their educational level, the eligibility criteria is as follows:
|International Science Olympiad (ISO)||Students of class 1-10|
|International Maths Olympiad (IMO)||Students of class 1-10|
|English International Olympiad (EIO)||Students of class 1-10|
|General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)||Students of class 1-10|
Registration: The process of registration is quite simple and the portal set up for the purpose is quite a user friendly to keep things simple, one only needs to fill up the required details, on the official website of The International Olympiad, choose their subject/s of interest, pay the exam fee in the mode they are comfortable with and they are ready to go. The fee structure is as follows. For individual students:
|1 to 10||International Science Olympiad (ISO)||$ 10|
|1 to 10||International Maths Olympiad (IMO)||$ 10|
|1 to 10||International English Olympiad (IEO)||$ 10|
|1 to 10||General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)||$ 10|
An online payment option is available, payments can be made via debit card, credit card, net banking, Google pay, Phone pay and Paytm. Further information related to it can be found on the official website.
Exam pattern: The exam is completely held on the online mode, one can appear for the exam using any digital device, the specification for which can be availed on the official website. The associated exam specifics are:
- The total number of questions: 50
- Total marks: 50
- The duration of the Exam: 45 minutes
- The exams are held both monthly and annually, a student can choose between either based upon their convenience.
- The annual exams are held in two slots, the schedule for which is now available on the official portal. Should a student miss the exam in the first slot, they are automatically shifted to the next one.
- There are a few guidelines that should be abided by, for the student to appear for the exam and one can visit the official website for further information.
Ranking and evaluation: Since the platform is large, the process of ranking and evaluation is put in details to benefit the student’s understanding of the same.
- The rankings are based upon obtained scores.
- Negative markings apply as tie-breakers.
- Timing and scores per section for a subject hold a higher priority than just overall scores.
- An internal marking ratio is applied for tough ties.
- No re-evaluation of papers since the checking process is computerized and counts for zero human errors.
- Should multiple students hold the same rankings the scholarship amounts would be divided among them.
- Only ranks shown on the result hold importance, the concept of a pass or fail does not apply.
Results and rewards: The results of the exam can be availed quite easily by visiting the results portal on designated dates. Upon enter the roll number, the result can be viewed, associated rankings, reward and further details are made available on the page itself.
The International Olympiad encourages students and wants to keep their spirits kindred such that they are driven by passion and a love for their subject with a will to excel, keeping this in mind, the bright and budding individuals are rewarded on their merit at various level, a small glimpse into the system of rewards is as follows:
|International Rank 1||10 Winners each receive $1000|
|International Rank 2||10 Winners each receive $500|
|International Rank 3||10 Winners each receive $250|
Apart from this national and state-level rankers are awarded as well, more information can be availed on the official website.
The registrations for the Olympiads are now open.
One can contact at: 91 7208576729
Or, mail their queries at: firstname.lastname@example.org