The UNESCO-Greece Melina Mercouri International Prize for the Safeguarding and Management of Cultural Landscapes is Open for Nominations
The 2021 edition of the UNESCO-Greece Melina Mercouri International Prize for the Safeguarding and Management of Cultural Landscapes is open for online nominations until 31 May 2021 (midnight Paris time, UTC+1).
The UNESCO-Greece Melina Mercouri International Prize for the Safeguarding and Management of Cultural Landscapes was established in 1995 to reward outstanding examples of actions to safeguard and enhance the world’s cultural landscapes, a category of World Heritage. The winner of the prize will receive the sum of US $30,000.
1. WHO MAY SUBMIT NOMINATIONS FOR THE PRIZE?
• Governmental agencies from UNESCO Member States, in consultation with their National Commissions for UNESCO;
• NGOs that have official partnerships with UNESCO; and
• International, regional and national professional, academic and non-governmental organizations active in the field of cultural landscapes.
2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE? Individuals, site managers, institutions, other entities, communities or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that have made a significant contribution to the safeguarding, management and enhancement of the world’s major cultural landscapes.
3. HOW TO APPLY? The deadline for submitting a nomination form online, in English or French, is 31 May 2021 (midnight Paris time) at: http://whc.unesco.org/en/culturallandscapesprize
31 May 2021: Deadline for the submission of nominations
Autumn 2021: Award ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France
Link to online nomination form: https://survey.unesco.org/3/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=586…
For more information of the Prize, please click here: https://whc.unesco.org/en/culturallandscapesprize/