You must clean your mattress from time to time even if you are using a mattress cover. Over time, it accumulates dust, dirt, dead skin cells and whatnot. All this can lead to allergy, irritation in skin and other problems. Apart from that, you also need to clean the stains from liquid or food spills etc. Cleaning your mattress once a month can help you keep it clean at all times.
There are many mattress cleaners available in the market. But most of them contain harsh chemicals that may reduce the quality of your mattress. To avoid this from happening you can make use of a household cleaner. In cities like Bangalore, there is a lot of pollution. Therefore you need to clean your mattress in Bangalore. This is applicable for people who are staying on rent.
Household Mattress Cleaning Solutions
You don’t have to waste money after expensive cleaning solutions. You can make your cleaning solution at home by just following the recipes below.
- Removing sweat and urine stains from the mattress
Mattress stains are inevitable. If the stain is visible then it can ruin the look of your mattress and also void the warranty. Here is what you can do to get rid of these unwanted stains.
- Create a cleaning solution by mixing one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide with 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Also, add a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap. Stir it nicely until the baking soda gets dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a spray bottle and then spray it on the affected area. Let it soak.
- Let it dry for at least one hour. After that use a blow dryer to get it off.
- Removing vomit stains from the mattress
If you have kids then you cannot have control over such mishaps. Here is the solution you need.
- You need to mix a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle and treat the mattress with it.
- Spray it on the affected area and then blot it until the stain is gone.
- Once done, sprinkle a bit a baking soda over the area and let it for an hour. After that, you can vacuum it away.
- Removing blood stains from the mattress
You cannot skip that one time in the month. Therefore, it’s better to have the solution ready.
- Take 3% hydrogen peroxide and put it in a spray bottle.
- Spray the liquid on the stained area and then clean it using a towel. Repeat the same until the stain is gone.
- After that let the mattress dry.
Now that you have these easy household solution recipes, you can get rid of any stains easily. With the help of these cleaning solutions, you can keep your mattress and bed in Bangalore clean at all times. All the solutions mentioned above are very easy to make and apply.