Agricultural College and Research Institute, Tamilnadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641003 has invited applications for admission to following programmes of the Year 2012-13.
Science Programs :
1. BSc (Agriculture)
2. BSc (Horticulture)
3. BSc (Forestry)
4. BSc (Home Science)
5. BTech (Agricultural Engineering)
6. BSc (Sericulture)
Technology Programs :
1. BTech (Food Process Engineering)
2. BTech (Biotechnology)
3. BTech (Horticulture)
4. BTech (Energy and Environmental Engineering)
5. BTech (Bioinformatics)
6. BS (Agribusiness Management)
7. BTech (Agricultural Information Technology)
(i) Candidates should not have completed the age of 21 years on the first day of July of the admission year (i.e. as on 1.7.2012). However, for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes there is no age limit.
(ii) Candidates who have studied any one of the following groups are eligible to apply for Faculty of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Home Science.
Group I : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Group II : Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any one of the following subjects as fourth (elective) subject viz., Biochemistry or Biotechnology or Microbiology or HomeScience or Computer Science.
Group II (A) : Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
(iii) Candidates who have studied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology group or Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science group are eligible to apply for Faculty of Agricultural Engineering.
(iv) Eligible Minimum Qualifying Marks (Academic Stream / Vocational Stream) :
* Open Competition (OC) : 55% aggregate of all the four subjects
* Backward Class (BC) and Backward Class Muslim (BCM) : 50% aggregate of all the four subjects
* Most Backward Class (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC) : 45% aggregate of all the four subjects
* Scheduled Caste (SC) : A pass in the qualifying examination
* Scheduled Tribe (ST) : A pass in the qualifying examination
(v) Number of attempts to pass :
The maximum number of permissible attempts to pass in the qualifying examination is as follows :
1. Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes : Three
2. All other Communities : Two
Application forms can be downloaded from : http://www.tnau.ac.in/ugadmi11/ugappl11.pdf
Demand draft of Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/ST), drawn in favour of Dean (Agriculture), Agricultural College and Research Institute, Tamilnadu Agricultural university, payable at Coimbatore. Filled-in application along with following documents should be sent to The Dean (Agriculture) & Chairman Admissions, Agricultural College and Research Institute, Tamilnadu Agricultural university, Coimbatore-641003.
1. Filled in OMR Coding sheet.
2. Photo copy of HSC / equivalent examination mark sheet(s).
3. Photo copy of X standard mark sheet for open competition. candidates who have studied X, XI, XII standard in Tamil Nadu.
4. Photo copy of Tamil Nadu Community Certificate .
5. Photo copy of Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate.
6. Self addressed and sufficiently stamped Acknowledgment Card.
7. Permanent residence certificate (In the format enclosed in the brochure) for candidates who have not studied X, XI and XII standards in Tamil Nadu.
8. Certificate issued by the competent authority for admission to special categories.
Last date to submit filled in application is 06.06.2012 (5:00pm).
For details, visit : http://www.tnau.ac.in/ugbroch2012.pdf