Bhubaneswar: After bringing about ‘A Zion Revelation’ last year, Techfest wants to continue its space expedition and devises a time-travel portal for the same. The moment we step into it, things go wrong and we are stuck in a warped state of time, where all sense of passage of time is lost. We witness the fabric of time in its element, where time slows down, moves backward, forward or stops altogether. We glimpse at primitive technology, intertwined with nature in a sublime manner. We also imbibe from futuristic technologies. Having gained this knowledge from “A Timeless Lapse” we got into, Techfest aims to bring out the evolution of Technology over the years, preserving primitive technology and foreseeing futuristic advancements.
Techfest website: The official website of the 22nd edition will be released at 7PM on 29th July. The website is based on the theme – A Timeless Lapse. The list of all the events can be found on www.techfest.org. Some of the events are highlighted below:
Zonals – Technorion: Living by its motto to spread science and technology, Techfest this year will be conducting its national zonals in 5 cities across the nation. The zonals will be held in the cities of
Mumbai – 23rd September 2018
Bangalore – 30th September 2018
Jaipur – 23rd September 2018
Bhopal – 23rd September 2018
Kolkata – 23rd September 2018
These zonals will have competitions, workshops and mentorship sessions and is open to all students ranging from high school to college final years. The venues have been decided to cater to as many students from various parts of India. Prize money worth INR 2.5 Lakh.
For more details, please visit: www.techfest.org/competitions
International Competitions: Since 1998, with it’s motto of spreading science and technology, Techfest has evolved to give an international platform to all the tech enthusiasts who want to prove their caliber in science and technology
1. International Robotics Challenge: To illustrate a perfect combat between robotic gladiators finally leading to the survival of the fittest. Previous years saw the zonal qualifying rounds being held at Bangladesh with the Grand Finale at Techfest, IIT Bombay with participation from Egypt, Syria, Bangladesh and numerous Indian teams. Watch in awe as the bots complete meticulous tasks with ease. The prize worth for this competition is INR 3 Lakh.
2. International Coding Challenge: It is the knowledge of coding that has brought us to what we are today. Here is a chance to prove your mettle among International coders. The prize worth for this competition is INR 1 Lakh.
3. International Robowars: A battle that everyone aspires to watch. With participation of 7+ international teams from China, Russia, Bangladesh and Brazil, International Robowars proved to be a spectacle last year. With plans of conducting International Zonals, it’s only going to get bigger this time. Watch the bots go one on one and all together in the biggest 360 degrees arena.
Techfest World MUN: World MUN is the simulation of the various committees in United Nations which invites international students to become diplomats and experience 3 days of intense debating, discussing, interacting and socializing. With 12 different committees, it sees over 600+ delegates coming from 20 different countries like Italy, Malaysia, Czech Republic and Poland among others for a total prize worth of over INR 3 Lakh.
Techfest 2018-19 has planned a series of impactful events pre-fest and during the fest. Some of them are given below:
1) Techfest-SoUL Student Solar Ambassador Program:
The main motive of this series of workshops is to provide a flavor of Tech, specifically solar powered lamps, in rural areas across India. The workshops will be held across 29 states in collaboration with NITI Aayog and SoUL (Solar Urja Lamps Project). Children from rural areas will be trained on building a solar powered lamp from scratch by trained individuals.
The Mumbai leg will be held in IIT Bombay by 2nd October, on the eve of the 150th birth anniversary of The Father of our Nation, with an expected participation of 5000+ from various schools across Mumbai, an attempt to set the Guinness World Record.
2) Mental Wellness Initiative:
With a motive of catering to the wellness of people with mental illness, Techfest has planned for a series of workshops to provide mental support from trained professionals to those in need. With collaboration with numerous NGOs, Techfest has planned to reach out to 41+ cities and 100+ venues.