Work undertaken under National Mission on Libraries
New Delhi: During the past six months, work has been undertaken in the following components of National Mission on Libraries (NML): –
DETAILS OF WORK DONE IN PAST 6 MONTHS (Sept 2020 to Feb 2021)
- 43,512 digital records have been added to the Indian Culture Portal under various categories.
- 10,00,000 bibliographic records were harvested in new Koha instance.
- Metadata creation and curation of 68,830 digital and 25,709 bibliographic records was carried out for data received from MoC Organizations.
- Five new categories have been added to the Indian Culture Portal to make the users more familiar with the Culture of India which includes Newspaper Clippings, Historic Cities of India, Forts of India, Textiles and Fabrics of India and Virtual Walkthrough.
- Continuous development of APIs for Android and Umang platform was carried out. Indian Culture Portal is available on Google play store, Umang Website and Umang mobile application. Development for iOS devices is in process.
- Search Engine Optimization of Indian Culture portal was carried out for better ranking on Google search.
- DSpace and Koha instances of MoC Organizations such as National Library were created and monitored. Adequate support was also provided.
- Content of 2,415 digital objects was translated from English to Hindi on the Indian Culture Portal.
- Instructional material for Dspace training, namely Spoken Tutorials, suitable for self learning, was completed, and a Pilot workshop was conducted to verify its suitability for large scale training.
- Various initiatives have been taken to collect relevant material from other Ministries and State Governments for display in this portal.
Execution and implementation of the approved work under the NML Model Library Scheme is directly controlled by the respective State / UT Library authority.
Details of amount released on the basis of the certified claims and other required document received from the respective State / UT Library authority for approved work undertaken under NML Model Library Scheme during the last six months is provided below:
State / UTs
|Amount Released during last six months i.e. 1st September, 2020 – 12th March, 2021
|1||Maharashtra||Government Divisional Library, Aurangabad||7,95,454/-||Solar Light, LED TV, CCTV, AC, sound system, water cooler etc.|
|2||Rajasthan||RajakiyaSarvajanik Mandal Pustakalaya, Kota||7,09,755/-||Bibliographic Data creation on e-granthalaya and barcoding , Braille Books, e-Resources, CCTV, Public Meeting addressal system etc.|
|3||Madhya Pradesh||Govt. District Library, Khandwa||28,03,836/-||Building Construction, Server, Photocopier, Computer, Wheel chair etc.|
|4||Pondicherry||Dr. S. R. Ranganathan Government Public Library, Karaikal||7,10,000/-||Building renovation etc.|
|5||Telangana||State Central Library, Hyderabad||2,37,644/-||Bibliographic Data creation / Retroconversion etc.|
This information was given by the Minister of State (I/c) of Culture and Tourism, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.