World Auto Forum [WAF] Awards announced
New Delhi | 11th January 2021 | https://worldautoforum.com
The 8th World Auto Forum Awards concluded recently with WAF stars stealing the show all the way!! This time, the awards were bigger, different and as stringent as they always come! Deeply researched, passionately debated and carefully chosen, they showcased Platinum performances from across the automotive ecosystem.
Anuj Guglani, CEO, World Auto Forum, remarked, “WAF Awards 2021 are a testimony to how the Industry stars have taken care of their customers, teams and suppliers, balancing health – physical, mental and financial”.
“2020 was a turbulent year for most industries particularly the Auto and Mobility sector, and companies that were proactive in dealing with the Covid impact were the ones that bounced back faster”, expressed Dilip Chenoy, Secretary General, FICCI. “As a Jury Member at WAF awards, it was heartening to see companies move beyond pure profits and embrace employee welfare and retention to form a strong foundation for future potential”, he added.
Tanuj Pugalia, CMD, Gallops Motors explained, “WAF awards are so close to my heart, we have been associated with WAF since the beginning and absolutely proud about that very fact. WAF Awards brings in recognition to the behind the lines unsung heroes of the Automobile Industry, not only it encourages, it enriches each one of us with the best practices and the latest innovations of this industry thus making us sharper and brighter by the day”.
This year we opened up the Awards beyond the OEMs to 6 more categories, thereby covering the industry end to end, in line with WAF’s Philosophy of “One Connected Ecosystem”. We also made nomination mandatory and simplified the selection parameters. Months of research by IIT team, 10 Hours + of Jury Rounds across 5 days and several rounds of Emails made it real tough for us to choose the worthy winners but succeed we did!!
The 7 Points WAF Awards Process is one of the toughest, most transparent and inclusive ::
- Selection Parameters by Industry CXOs to make them relevant
- Research by IIT Delhi – Unbiased and Neutral
- Highly Experienced and Distinguished Jury
- No Sponsor Partner allowed on the Jury
- Independent Observers at Jury Round – To ensure Selection Process Compliance
- Reference Checks after Jury Rounds
- Invitation to Winners’ Teams & Family to join them at the Awards Ceremony
Nikunj Sanghi, Chairman, ASDC, Director, FADA & MD, JS Four-wheel Motors observed, “It’s been great, being part of the WAF Jury!! The research is getting deeper, the discussions more engaging and conclusions more relevant”.
Prashanth Doreswamy, Country Head – Continental India & Managing Director Continental Automotive Components (India) shared his experience of being on WAF awards Jury. “It was an incredible experience to come across some of the best professionals across India and the amazing work they all are putting in. The nominations of the World Auto Forum Awards 2021 went through a rigorous research by IIT, Delhi team and selection powered by WAF Awards Process. It was a tough but enlightening 10+ hours of deliberations for us jury members as well. But it was all worth it. Hats off to team IIT, Delhi for an excellent research job and my hearty congratulations to all the winners! I can say with confidence that they truly deserved it.”, he said.
Jury Members for 8th WAF Awards together carry rich and varied experience at top levels in the Automotive sector and we are truly honoured to have them onboard WAF Awards. We thank each one of them.
Nikunj Sanghi | Chairman – ASDC, Director – FADA & MD – JS FourWheel Motors Dilip Chenoy | Secretary General – FICCI
Anupam Sanghi | Senior Corporate Lawyer
Prashanth Doreswamy | Country Head – Continental India & MD – Continental Automotive Puneet Kapur | Head – LeanExcell
S Ramaswamy |Managing Partner – Medha Advisors , Independent Director at Auto Cos Avik Chattopadhyay | Co-Founder – Expereal
Anuj Guglani | CEO – World Auto Forum
Our Observers ensured that selection parameters were adhered to & the process was perfect on compliance.
Atul Arora | Co Founder – Wiserfeed
Amit Asija | National Head BD – Akemi India
Ashish Gupta, Brand Head, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India remarked, “We have a long-standing association with World Auto Forum and are extremely excited to be a part of the 8th edition of WAF awards. On behalf of Volkswagen India, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the winners who have done some exceptional work and created benchmarks within the Indian automotive sector.”
Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, exclaimed, “It’s commendable that despite such a rough year that went by, the auto industry has managed to bounce back to its glory, emerging stronger than ever. The year 2020 gave us an opportunity to stay committed to our promise of community service with MG Sewa and also continuously focus on product innovation. WAF awards this year are a testimony to the resolve and resilience shown by all of us in this industry. Congratulations to all the winners and I am confident that 2021 will be a year full of promise and potential”.
And now, the winners of the 8th WAF Awards, people who excelled and innovations that inspired and left an impact. They vroomed right into our minds and hearts!
- Sunil Kakkar | Maruti Suzuki India Limited | Best Purchase/Supply Chain Head | Auto Maker
– PV Category
- Hyundai Motor India | Service on WhatsApp | Best Innovation | Auto Maker – PV Category
- Vijay Sethi | Hero MotoCorp Limited | Best Chief Information Officer | Auto Maker – 2W Category
- Rajendra Bhat | TVS Motor Company Limited | Best After Sales Head | Auto Maker – 2W Category
- JBM Auto Limited | ECO-LIFE Electric Bus | Best Innovation | EV Maker Category
- Kataria Group | Highest Sales Performance – Auto Retail | Passenger Vehicles Category
Auto & Mobility Tech Companies:
- Sameer Malhotra | Shriram Automall | Best Chief Executive Officer – Auto and Mobility Tech Companies
- CamCom Technologies | AI-Powered Defect/Damage Inspections | Best Innovation | Auto & Mobility Tech Category
- iTriangle Infotech | Drive Assist 101 | Best Innovation | Auto & Mobility Tech Category
- Hari Kaushik | TransLeaze | Best President | Mobility Services Company Category
- Sandeep Gambhir | ORIX India | Best MD & CEO | Mobility Co Category
- CarzOnRent | CabPro | Best Innovation | Mobility Services Company Category
- Edelweiss General Insurance | Switch (Driver Based Insurance) | Best Innovation | Mobility Services Company Category
- AkzoNobel | UV Filler & Xpress Clear | Best Innovation | Automotive Aftermarket Category
Heartiest congratulations to the Winners. You all make us proud!
We value our Partners who make all of this possible. We warmly thank them for their constant support and encouragement.
OEM Gold Partners | Volkswagen | MG Motor India
Gold Partners | Gallops Motors
Partners | Amplus Solar | Focus Engineering | K2B Learning
Associate Partner | Jubilant Motorworks Media Partners | WAF TV | Patriot Virtual Events Platform Partner | Exposim