Jalandhar: Zonal Co-Curricular Academic Competitions-2017 of Punjab School Education Board (PSEdB) concluded at Lovely Professional University Campus. About 4500 school students and teachers from more than 150 schools of 6 districts of the state (Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Moga, Barnala, Hoshiarpur & Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar) showcased their talents. Punjab School Education Board had entrusted such an enormous conduction to LPU eighth time in conjunction. Versatile artists associated with All India Radio, Door-Darshan and reputed institutions, adjudged talents of the participants.
Hosted for three days by LPU at its vastly accommodating single campus, 15 competitions for all students were organized at 6 spacious venues of the University. However, different competitions are organized at different locations in other regions of the state. Praising constructive approach of school competitions, LPU Chancellor Mr Ashok Mittal has congratulated all the participating officers at the helm of affairs from PSEd B, students and teachers for successful conclusion of competitions. Mr Mittal also assured that LPU is always ready to share varied academic, cultural, sports and social responsibilities as entrusted upon it from government or allied recognized bodies.
Held annually at block, district, zonal and state levels in chronological order, these competitions have due academic weight-age for the participants. These competitions help participants in having reservation of seats for all academic and professional courses at university as well as school levels, as per their talent potentialities. Different competitions held this year included Shabad Gayan, War Gayan, Kavishri, Kavita Uchchaarn, Bhashan, Sunder Likhai, Chitrakala, Aam Gyan, Maulik Likhit, Lok Naach, Solo Dance, One Act Play, Bhangra, Giddha, and Gatka.
Adjudged by many Judges of prominence, the competitions were highly appreciated by all the participants, their teachers and the spectators. Some of the much applauded competitive participations were from Dasmesh Sr Sec School, Ramgarhia Sr Sec School, Teja Singh Swatantra Memorial Sr Sec School, Bharti Vidya Mandir, all four from Ludhiana. Government Schools of villages Sohian, Chonhara, Singhawala, Rakkran Bet, Sanawa, SBS Nagar also revealed their best potentialities. Participating students and teachers Ragini Pawar, Jaspreet Singh, Surinder Kaur, Hari Singh, Des Raj, Sarabjeet Singh and others were seen happy on finding massive and the best arrangements for competitions and hospitality at LPU. In fact, organizing secretaries from PSEdB Sardar Harjinder Pal Singh and from LPU Dean Dr Sorabh Lakhanpal had made untiring efforts in smooth conduction of the competitions.
In different competitions, Prakriti Kumari of Ramgarhia Girls School of Ludhiana for Bhashan; Jyoti of Government School Lamma Pind Jalandhar for Kavishri; Vaani Raju ( For Chitrakala) and Harminder Singh (for Kavita Uchcharan) of Sri Harikishan Sahib Public School Ludhiana; Anmol Singh of Guru Nanak Sr Sec School Dholewal for Lok Geet; Gurjeet Singh of Doaba Khalsa Model School for Shabad Gyan; Gagandeep Singh Saabi of Nankana Sahib Model High School for Solo Dance; Muskaan and her group of SN Public High School Tajpur; Jaskaran Singh (for Sundar Likhai), Sandeep Tiwari ( for GK) of Teja Singh Swatantra Memorial School; Rupinder Kaur of Guru Nanak Model School for Bhangra; Jashanpreet Singh of Government School for War and more were declared first for their extraordinary performances.
PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD
WINNER OF FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
1. Gurpreet Singh from Doaba senior secondary school stood first in ‘Shabad Gyan.’
2. Anmol Singh from Gurnanak senior secondary school Dobewal stood first in ‘Lok Geet.’
3. Rupinder Kaur from Guru Nanak Model School stood first in ‘Bhangra.’
4. Gangandeep Sabi from Navrana Sahab Model School stood first in ‘Solo Dance.’
5. Jasanpreet Singh from Senior Secondary school Hamin Ludhiana stood first in ‘War.’
6. Jyoti from Senior Secondary school Lamba pind Jalandhar stood first in ‘Kavishri.’
7. Harminder Singh from Guru Harkrishna School Hoshiarpur stood first in ‘Kavita Ucharan.’
8. Prakarti from Rangaria Senior Secondary school Millarganj Ludhiana stood first in ‘Bhasan.’
9. Dhani Raju from Harkrishna Sahib Public school Ludhiana stood first in ‘Chitrakala.’
10. Sandeep from Teja Singh Senior Secondary school Ludhiana stood first in ‘Aamgyan.’
11. Jashkaran Singh from Teja Singh Senior Secondary school Ludhiana stood first in ‘Sunder Likhai.’