Dean Gary Marquis has appointed a working group to begin the recruitment process for the new vice dean. The working group is tasked with selecting candidates for the position of vice dean. The dean will interview the candidates and prepare a proposal for the president’s decision.
The working group for the recruitment of the new vice dean for research:
- Professor Riku Vahala, Department of Built Environment
- Professor Wojciech Solowski, Department of Civil Engineering
- Professor Martti Larmi, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Joonas Lehtovaara, student member, Aalto University Student Union
- Merja Seppänen, HR Coordinator, secretary
The call for applications for the position of vice dean will be announced online later this spring. The new vice dean will be appointed for the term 1.8.2021–31.7.2024 by the president of Aalto University.
Professor Pentti Kujala will continue as vice dean for impact of the School of Engineering.