Mumbai: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading IT services, consulting and business solutions firm, announced today that the Mumbai edition of TCS IT Wiz 2018 – India’s largest technology quiz for schools will be held in Mumbai on Sunday, October 7, at Indian Education Society, Manik Sabagraha,Opp Lilavati Hospital, Bandra Reclamation, Mumbai.
School students studying in class 8-12 are eligible to participate in the event. Each institution can send multiple teams with each team consisting of two members. There is no entry fee.
TCS IT Wiz 2018 will be held in 12 locations in India – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur and Pune.
Entries have to be sent through the respective institutions on or before October 5, TCS IT Wiz Coordinator, Tata Consultancy Services, (TCS House) Raveline Street, 21 DS Marg, Fort, Mumbai – 400001. Phone: 022-67789093/9081 or you can register online: www.tcsitwiz.com.
Quiz format: The top six teams from the written preliminary round will qualify for the regionals finals. Only the top scoring team from each school will be called on stage in the event of multiple teams from the same school qualify for the final. The winning team from the Regional finals will compete in the National Finals.
Prizes: The Regional champion this year will walk away with Rs. 60,000 worth gift voucher while the runners-up will be rewarded Rs. 40,000 voucher along with a specially designed trophy and medals. The 6 finalists will also receive an array of prizes from TCS ranging from Gym bag, Multifunctional music torch with blue tooth speakers and Wireless outdoor speakers along with tcs50 pendrive.
Twitter contest: The regional finals in each city will have a Twitter contest for all the participants. The top two highest tweets and the best “tweet of the day” will receive a Multifunctional torch along with Smart Music Flower Pot with Bluetooth Speaker and LED Night Light.
To facilitate students of other locations a live webcast of the Regional finals has been organized. The web streaming of the Regional finals can be viewed on: www.tcsitwiz.com.
The Quiz will mainly focus on:
• Applications of Information Technology across various industries and sectors including technology environment, the business, people, new trends and legends.
• Areas where IT has made an impact – web, education, entertainment, books, music, movies, banking, advertising, sports, gaming, social media and world of mobiles.
• IT Personalities – Global, national and local, brands of IT and communication companies, software products and brands, the history of IT as well as its humorous side of Information Technology
• Emerging areas such as cloud computing, AI, automation, biometrics, robotics, world of Internet, unique web sites, IT buzzwords and acronyms.
• An exclusive round on TCS @50 capturing 5 decades of excellence