Convocation & Felicitation Ceremony by Construction Skill Development Council of India
Gurugram: Construction Skill Development Council of India (CSDCI) is a non-profit organization, operating under the aegis of National Council for Vocational Education & Training (NCVET), National Skill Development Council (NSDC) and the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MoSDE), organized a convocation & felicitation ceremony for its students who have completed one of the courses offered by the Council. The ceremony was organized on the occasion of ‘Vishwakarma Diwas’. CSDCI courses build competencies which nurture employability and facilitate employment opportunities, which go to build a sustainable economic activity.
Mr. Sanjay Kumar, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs graced the occasion as ‘Chief Guest’. Lt. Gen. Rakesh Kumar Loomba, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and Civil Aviation; Mr. R Ganesan, Head Corporate Centre, Larsen & Toubro; Mr. Sabyasachi Das, Chief Executive Officer, Edu Tech company of Larsen & Toubro; Ms. Pangkhuri Borgohain, General Manager – Industry Collaboration from National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) graced the occasion as ‘Guests of Honor’.
Mr. Sanjay Kumar mentioned to the gathering why it is imperative to focus on skilling needs of construction workers if India has to move towards a ‘5 trillion-dollar economy’, as construction is the second largest industry contributing to the employment generation as well as the gross domestic value of the country. He asked the gathering to increase efforts that will ensure:
· A respectable and dignified life for all construction workers
· ‘Ease of living and safe working’ at construction sites
· Timely wage payments and Statue benefits reaching them
· A qualified workforce to reckon with across the globe
The launches and agreements signed at the ceremony are as follows:
1. ‘Kaushal se Safal’ is a 5 Episode testimonial driven Awareness ‘Audio – Video’ series under ‘Prayas’ campaign’ of CSDCI driving importance of skill, in almost a dozen Indian languages.
2. Use of ‘Virtual Reality’ technology to create learning modules covering a multitude of topics such as Formwork & Shuttering, Reinforcement Works, Staging & Scaffolding, Concreting and Mason category.
3. Domestic ‘Research Report’ on the demand, supply and its gap, including mapping of ‘Academic Clusters’ involving the construction industry.
4. ‘International Manpower Requirements’ report for aligning the skills with the global benchmarks, to facilitate overseas employment and deployment to leverage the demographic dividend.
5. CSDCI as a ‘Super Incubator’ which would be predominantly looking at supporting innovations that are replicable, scalable and frugal for enabling ‘Scaling & Speeding’ up the skill development initiatives and those which will bring up the construction workforce to globally acceptable standards of performance.
6. Industry agreements with Larsen & Toubro were signed, especially for mapping of Safety, Quality and Productivity Standards for the various ‘Job Roles’, besides capturing of ‘Ease of Working Norms’, creation of 2-minute ‘Job Role’ videos for the purpose of counselling and career guidance.
7. Construction Skill Development Council of India signed ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ with Larsen & Toubro’s Edu Tech as ‘Knowledge Partners’, especially targeting higher levels of education.